Friday, August 13, 2010

To Breastfed or Not to Beastfed?



So that's the question that has been running NON-stop in my head since I first found out I was preggo with Jayce. You see ... I did NOT have a very good first experience with Ainsley ... You see I called her my little piranha because she would bite me SO hard, like I would bleed EVERY time I tried to feed her. So a week into it, I gave up and SWORE I would NEVER breastfeed again.

Well, since getting pregnant I can't help but feel like if I don't try I will regret it. Every baby is different and if I never give it a chance "What if I could have" would be in the back of my mind for a very very very long time.

So I have decided to give it another go. I am older and have more patience. I don't have as much going on as I did when I had Ainsley. Plus even if I can't do it once again, knowing that I tried and gave it a shot will make me feel A LOT better as a mom then not trying at all. So wish me luck :) Hopefully I will be able to do it this time!

2 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

Good for you for trying again! I had 1 bad who had a very hard start and another with an easy start so you just never know how it will go.

finding-my-heart said...

Definitely do! I can tell you from experience, breastfeeding is the best feeling ever. It took me a lot to get going with Kane- he didnt latch on for 3 weeks. But in the end, all the trouble was worth it and it was an amazing bonding experience. I cried when he weaned himself. It will hurt to begin with, but it doesnt last long and you both will eventually get used to it. If you need any support or a listening ear, I am always here!! Oh and look up your local La Leche League. They were a huge support to me!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template by suckmylolly.com