Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Life with Two Kids

Oh man ... Life went from zero to breaking the sound barrier so fast I didn't have time to blink ... I cannot believe that it has been six weeks since we brought little man into this crazy world. I am not going to lie, I thought that it wouldn't be much different going from one kid to two. Boy was I wrong. I feel like I haven't seen the world outside this house in forever! Now do not get me wrong, Little Man is a WONDERFUL baby, I really feel blessed. He hasn't really had a ton of "bad" days ... a lot less then his sister had. I am just missing sleep and my adult friends a lot right now. I feel like my house is ALWAYS a mess and I can never keep up, I look at it and think "Oh my, if someone just stopped by right now I would be SO embarrassed of this place." I know that things will get better, he will get older and won't mind not being held and I will be able to get things done. But right now... My world is upside down.

Little Miss ... oh Little Miss. She was doing SO good when Little Man first came home, now ... jealously has set in and she is lashing out SO bad. I feel bad b.c I know she is used to getting ALL my attention. At the drop of a hat she could get what she wanted. And now, I feel like I have hardly any time for her. I feel like I took away her childhood almost at times. But I know she is just in a transitional stage and she will get better :) She really is a BIG help for me (89% of the time), if I need something for Little Man and I know she can get to it I know that I can ask and she will get it (again 89% of the time) I call her my mini momma. She really does love her baby brother. She loves to kiss on him and talk to him. He loves her too, when she talks to him he always get the BIGGEST toothless grin on his face and will "coo" at her. It's the kind of thing that melts your heart. She is really into her pretend stage and will sit and make up stories and songs all day long. I crack up at some of the things she comes up with. (I wish I could think of one off the top of my head right now, but lack of sleep has my brain feeling like mush right now) I am so thankful for Hunk. He has been SUCH a HUGE help with her. Every day when he comes him, he takes over with her without me even asking. He has been taking her outside every evening this week since it has been SO nice out! Right now he is trying to teach her hop-scotch and it's SO cute the way she "hops" (I really need to get a video of it) She loves her Daddy and looks forward to when he comes home. The second he walks out the door she turns to me and says "I miss Daddy" lol. She has been testing the waters a lot lately but then she will do something out of the blue (like make a silly face) and it will just make my day.

Little Man is growing like a weed. He is starting to fill out and get little rolls all over his body. He is such a little cutie :) Every morning when he wakes up I will look down in his bassinet and he gives me the BIGGEST smile and sweet baby talk like he is happy to see me. He knows who his Momma is that is for sure. I can already see him being a BIG Momma's boy (aren't they all) which doesn't upset me in the least bit. When he gives me those sweet smiles and coos it makes me feel like I am doing something right in the world :) He is becoming a lot more alert now too! He interacts with me so much. I make faces and he watches what I am doing, sometimes trying to mimic other times smiling and will be on the verge of laughing. He loves when I puff my cheeks out and when I move my eyebrows up and down. He loves to watch the ceiling fan spin. I will put it on the lowest setting and he will just stair at it for the longest time, then he realizes he is laying on the floor and freaks out lol. During the day the ONLY place he sleeps is in his swing. I try to lay him down in his play pen and he wants NOTHING to do with it. If he is asleep he wakes RIGHT up and screams bloody murder till I pick him up. He is still eating every two hours, and let me tell you I am looking forward to when we break that routine! He is such a handsome little boy too... He has some of the same features as Little Miss, but I honestly think they look nothing alike. He has blue eyes, light hair and lighter skin then Little Miss did when she was his age. I am so intrigued to know what he is going to look like when he is her age. I can remember with Little Miss doing the "I can't wait for her to ..." game and with him, I am in no rush for him to grow up. I wish he could stay little forever. It makes me emotional to even think that he is already six weeks old. Time flys by entirely too fast and sometimes I wish I could just pause it and take in that moment with him. He is my last baby I plan on having (for now I say that) so I want to savor it and I really hate that time is going this fast. I know I am going to miss having a baby in the house again at some point but I really feel as though two is enough lol.

As for me (and sorry there are no pictures of me lol) I am doing as well as I can be with little to no sleep :) I go for my 6 week check up this coming Thurs. and I am getting on an IUD that lasts 10 years!! It's going to be kind of crazy to think that I don't have to worry about BC for TEN years, but nice that I don't have to worry about it at the same time lol. I get my gallbladder out next Thurs. (THANK GOODNESS). I am so ready to be back to all healed up and back to "normal" so that I can officially start Operation: Get Pre-Babies Body Back :) I am sick of looking the way I do ... I have NEVER been this heavy and I really really really hate myself right now. I want to be back to 130 (140 at the most) and I know I can do it, I just have to put my mind to it :) This weekend I am going to the local fair that is in town and I am planning on looking at it as my last weekend to eat whatever I want so I plan on enjoying myself, b.c once this gallbladder is out I am changing my diet COMPLETELY and cutting a lot out of what I normally eat. It is time for a change and the time is now! I will be doing a weekly weigh in on myself and keeping track of how much I am losing. I think if I see it coming off that it will keep my motivation up to keep at it :)

So that's the FULL update on us :) Sorry it's so lenghtly, I feel like I have been so bad at blogging, but trust me it's a lol harder to find time to sit in front of a computer right now ... And as I type that Jayce is waking up and wanting to be fed ... So it's off I go, back to reality :)

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template by suckmylolly.com