Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Grandparents

Have you ever seen this video?



If not you need to watch it. It will melt your heart. It shows the bond that most kids have with their Grandparents.

Now why do I say "most kids?" Because I NEVER had a relationship with my Grandparents. None of them. Never got a phone call, never got a birthday card, never got Christmas presents. It's sad. I never really understood it growing up, and actually I still don't really understand it.

Grandparents are supposed to love you, they are supposed to spoil you rotten, fill you up with nothing but sugar and then send you home to Mom & Dad.

Now even though I grew up not knowing my Grandparents, I know for a FACT Little Miss, Little Man (and my nephew *D*) will not grow up that way. Lucky the kids in this generation have AWESOME Grandparents. They love them so much, they spoil them rotten and when they come to visit I don't think the word "no" is ever uttered to them when they ask for something. And I am so very very very thankful for that. I love that my kids with grow up knowing they are loved and not feeling left out. My parents (and even my step parents) are amazing and I am so lucky to have them in my kids lives.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Template by suckmylolly.com